The Laodicean State, typified by the Apocalyptic ecclesia at
Laodicea, is parallel with the Seventh Seal Period from its
opening to the Fall of the apocalyptic Babylon after the appearing
of "THE ANCIENTOF DAYS."
From A.D. 324 to A.D. 1864-'8, or thereabout.
GENERAL DIVISION OF THE SEVEN SEALED SCROLL
The Seventh Seal, Seven Trumpets, and the Six Vials to the
appearing of Christ "as a thief;" exhibitirig
the development of the Ten Horns of Daniel's Fourth Beast
in the wounding of the Sixth Head and the establishment
of the Seventh; (Apoc. 8) the subversion of the Greek
Catholic Dynasty of Constantinople, (Apoc. 9) the rising
of Daniel's eleventh Episcopal Horn, or Eighth Head,
that speaks blasphemies, and "as a Dragon;" (Apoc.
13:1-5, 11-18; 17) the war of the Saints and Witnesses
with this power; their subjugation, death, resurrection,
and ascension to the heaven at the ending of the Sixth
Trumpet; (Apoc. 11:3-12; 12:14,16,17; 13:6-10) judgments
upon their enemies, the Horns, Eighth Head, and Image;
(Apoc. 16:1-11) and the preparation of their way (Apoc.
TIME OF EVENTS
From A.D. 324 to the Fall Seasons of A.D. 1864-'8, or thereabout.
SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 13
The Apostle John, standing upon the Sand of the Sea, beholds
a Beast ascending out of the sea, even that beast he alluded
to in Ch. 11:7, as the destroyer of the Witnesses. Like the
Dragon, it had Seven Reads and Ten Horns; and its power, throne,
and great authority, it acquired from the Dragon. Thus it
divided the Habitable with the Dragon; so that the inhabitants
thereof worship the Dragon and the Beast. Upon the Seven Heads
he saw a Name of Blasphemy, to which was given a Mouth like
a Lion, with which he gave utterance to the great things and
blasphemies he conceived. He sees them in continuance forty
and two months, in the course of which long period they make
war upon the saints and at length overcome them.
After the ascending of this beast from the sea, John beholds
another beast ascending out of the earth, having Two Horns
and speaking as a Dragon. After his ascent, he sees this beast
in contemporaneous existence with the other; and of like constitution
with the wounded head of the Ten-Horned Beast. John also sees
an IMAGE of the Wounded Head, which the Two-Horned Beast caused
to be set up; and to which all on the earth of every degree
The Name of the Beast symbolically revealed.
- And I stood upon the Sand of the Sea, and I saw ascending out
of the Sea a Beast, having Seven Heads and Ten Horns: and
upon his horns Ten Diadems, and upon his heads a NAME OF BLASPHEMY.
- And the beast which I saw was like to a Leopard, and his feet
as of a Bear, and his Mouth as the mouth of a Lion: and the
Dragon yielded to him his power and his throne, and extensive
- And I saw one of his heads as if wounded to death: and the plague
of his death was healed; and there was wondering in the whole
earth after the beast.
- And they worshipped the Dragon which yielded dominion to the
Beast; and they worshipped the Beast, saying, Who is like
to the Beast? Who is able to make war with him?
- And there was given to him a Mouth speaking great things and
blasphemies; and there was granted to him license to practice.
- And he opened his mouth in blasphemy concerning the Deity, to
have blasphemed his NAME, and his Tabernacle, and those who
tabernacle in the heaven.
- And it was given to him to make war with the Holy Ones, and
to over-come them: and there was given to him dominion over
every tribe and tongue and nation
- And all the dwellers upon the earth shall worship him, of whom
there hath not been written the names before the foundation
of the world, in the book of the Life of the Lamb that hath
- If any one have an ear, let him hear.
- If any gathereth together a cap-tivity, into captivity he goes
away; if any shall kill with the sword, it behooves that he
be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and faith of
- And I saw another Beast ascending out of the Earth; and he had
Two Horns like to a Lamb, and he spake as a Dragon.
- And all the dominion of the former beast he exerciseth in his
sight: and he causeth the earth, and the dwellers therein,
that they worship the former beast whose plague of his death
- And he performs great signs, so that he even causeth fire to
descend out of the heaven into the earth in sight of the men.
- And he deceiveth the dwellers upon the earth through the signs
which it was given to him to perform in the sight of the beast,
commanding the dwellers upon the earth to make an IMAGE to
the beast which hath the plague of the sword, and lived.
- And it was given to him to give spirit to the image of the beast,
that the image of the beast might both speak and practice,
that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should
- And he causeth all, the small and the great, and the rich and
the poor, and the free and the bond, that there should be
given to them a mark upon their right hand, or upon their
- And that no one be able to buy or to sell, but he having the
mark, or the Name of the Beast, or the Number of his Name.
- Here is wisdom. Let him that hath the understanding, count the
Number of the Beast: for it is a Man's Number, and his number
is Six Hundred and Sixty-six.