1. Wherever, Lord, thy people meet,
There they behold the mercy seat;
Where'er they seek thee, thou art found,
And every place is hallowed ground.
2. And now around thy table, Lord,
We keep the memory adored;
And taking of the broken bread,
Look up to thee our living head.
3. Dear Shepherd of thy chosen few,
Thy former mercies here renew;
Here to our waiting hearts proclaim
The beauty of thy Saving Name.
4. Here may we prove the power of prayer,
To strengthen faith and sweeten care;
To teach our faint desires co rise,
And bring all heaven before our eyes.
5. Lord, we are few, but thou arc near;
Nor short thine arm, nor deaf thine ear;
0 rend the heavens, come quickly down,
And make all righteous hearts thine own!
Back to top
Hymn list--green book